It took me a bit to get used to this type of metal, but once I did, I realized just how good this song is. Every riff in the song is just perfect. They really know how to use different rhythms in their riffs. I also like their use of harmonics. It's not that common to hear pinch harmonics as a part of riffs.
After reading through the lyrics, I realized that they're actually very critical of society, and very important today. But it isn't just shouting about stuff that's wrong with the world. At least for me, the song conveys the despair and rage of knowing that basically everything in the world is wrong, but being unable to do anything about it.
The part where I think the song falls short the most is the "limits of the dead" part. That just feels a bit silly to me. Also, the guitar solo, while cool, does not really feel like it conveys a lot of emotion. Though I hear some parts in there that connect to the feeling of the rest of the song.
Regarding the vocals, I usually don't like when singers just use screaming constantly, but it works fine in this song.
No comments:
Post a Comment