Wednesday, March 4, 2026

Linkin Park - In The End (10/10)

 I took a quick break from posting reviews to deal with other stuff in my life. But I will compensate by reviewing two songs this week, with this being the first of them.

Before I started listening to metal, I mostly listened to rock from the 70s-90s, such as Queen. So I didn't expect to fall in love with a song with both rap and a really modern production. But this song is really just perfect. The lyrics are super relatable and meaningful, the vocals are powerful, and the instrumentation is simple yet effective.

But the thing that really makes this song stand out is the production. The use of electronic sounds, bit crusher and compressor effects, and the very picky use of delay is unlike anything that came before this song, and probably unlike anything that has come after it too.

Some who like more complicated or raw-sounding songs might say this song is too pop-like and simple to deserve a 10/10, but the simplicity really works, so that's the score I'm giving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment