Wednesday, July 15, 2026

[Album] Riverside - Second Life Syndrome

 Quick announcement: I'm gonna stop trying to make fully fledged reviews and just write down whatever thoughts I have about a song or album in the moment.

This album is possibly the best album ever made, definitely up there in the top three for me along with Gojira - Magma and Queen - Innuendo. My interpretation of the album is that it's about finding your place in life. And just like with much of Riverside's work, it's also about the difficulties of life in the digital age, which is even more of a problem today.

The usage of synthesizers and beautiful guitar work really create an atmosphere unlike any other album, and the lyrics are some of the most relatable I've heard.

Of course, every album has songs that you wouldn't want in your daily playlist, but in the case of Second Life Syndrome, even the worse songs sound really good in the context of the album.

So I urge everyone to listen to the entire album if you haven't already. Don't stop after the first one or two songs if you don't like them, because they really change things up throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment